Monday, July 1, 2013

Rainy Days and Mondays Always Get Me Down

Here Comes the Rain Again; Who'll Stop the Rain; Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head.  Why do I have so many songs about rain going through my head right now?  Because we're having a water problem in the basement, and it feels like it's never going to stop raining.  I mean, I love a rainy night as much as Eddie Rabbit, but come on!  Check out the weather forecast - and don't forget about the flash flood warning in effect until tomorrow night.  Yippee!



What was promising to be an exciting week of finally refinishing the upstairs floors turned into a disappointing disaster this morning.  Standing water for the first time in the basement instead of just seepage and dampness.  So, I guess we'll have to do some more work to try to fix the problem before we do anything else.  We have 3 large dehumidifiers on order that should be here by the end of the week, but until then, it's all hands on deck with the mops, ye swabbies!




 





No comments:

Post a Comment