So much has been happening in the last couple of weeks! We've kicked it up a notch, as Emeril would say - BAM!
We've finished taking all of the paneling down and the flooring up from the 2 front offices. Unfortunately, at some point, someone adhered flooring directly to the wood floor and in one room there's a nasty, sticky residue left on the floor and in the other room there's a very interesting linoleum floor remaining that just refuses to come up. Strangely, it looks like a football field. Our guess is that it's from the 1940's or 50's. After tossing the ball around and throwing a few touchdowns, we decided that we're not going to have any time to play football, so we're going to cover it with tile...eventually.
We also removed paneling from around the front door and lo and behold! The original transom over the front doors! We're definitely not covering this beauty up again.
We're going to leave the brick exposed around the front door (with some repair work and a fresh coat of paint), repair the broken pane of glass, remove the wood from behind the transom to let the light through and bring this back to its original beauty!
Here's what it looked like before with the paneling: